Tony Horton’s back with P90X3, his newest P90X system designed to get you ripped in just 30 minutes a day thanks to his Muscle Acceleration system. P90X3 combines a highly structured, plateau-busting schedule with an unprecedented variety of moves that keep every muscle challenged for 30 minutes of full-throttle intensity that leaves any other workout in the dust. With P90X3, it’s a whole workout in half the time.
What’s in the Package?
16 extreme 30-minute workouts on 8 DVDs, “How to Accelerate” DVD, Fitness Guide, Nutrition Plan, and Workout Calendar. The Base Kit comes with a total of 9 DVDs.
P90X3 consists of 16 extreme 30-minute workouts on 8 DVDs. The workouts are split into 4 groups: Resistance Workouts, Power Workouts, Cardio Workouts, and Core, Flexibility & Balance Workouts
1. Resistance Workouts
- Total Synergistics: A full-body resistance workout that triggers fast, powerful changes to your body’s composition.
- The Challenge: Strengthen your entire upper body by stacking push-ups and pull-ups in ways you’ve probably never seen.
- Incinerator: Bring It ’til there’s nothing left to bring. A full burnout session that pushes you past your limits.
- The Warrior: When you need a one-size-fits-all workout that can be done anytime, anywhere, this is your drill.
- Eccentric Upper: Time under tension is the key to creating lean-muscle growth fast. This upper-body blast will have you begging for mercy.
- Eccentric Lower: You’ll be slowing down the eccentric (or negative) half of each movement to carve a ripped lower body—faster.
2. Power Workouts
- Agility X: This fusion of aerobic and anaerobic energy improves your precision, flexibility, balance, and strength.
- Triometrics: Increase your speed and power in a fraction of the time with this explosive next-generation plyo workout.
- Decelerator: Balance your ability to go up strong and come down safe with multi-angle deceleration training.
3. Cardio Workouts
- CVX: Now resistance is combined with intervals to give you that full-body burn and power up your core.
- MMX: Burn fat by taxing your strength, endurance, and flexibility with this martial arts–based cardio workout.
- Accelerator: Increase your cardiovascular and muscular efficiency, resulting in more bang for your fat-burning buck.
4. Core, Flexibility & Balance Workouts
- X3 Yoga: A flow-style practice that improves your musculoskeletal flexibility, balance, stamina, and core strength.
- Pilates X: Power your core, gain muscle elasticity, and stabilize your joints, as Pilates fundamentals meet modern science.
- Isometrix: Isometric contraction combined with instability—this workout gives you an unshakable platform to work from.
- Dynamix: Increase your range of motion, flexibility, and stabilization to help maximize the results you get from every routine.
- Fitness Guide:Your step-by-step guide to getting the most out of Tony’s accelerated extreme fitness program.
- Nutrition Guide: A simplified approach to healthy eating designed to get you ripped—and help you stay that way.
- P90X3 Workout Calendar: Tony gives you each day’s workout, so all you have to do is get in—and crush it.
- “How to Accelerate” DVD: This easy-to-follow P90X3 intro shows you how to achieve your best results in the fastest time.
- 24/7 Online Support:Stay motivated with exclusive ’round-the-clock access to fitness experts and peer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
What equipment do I need for P90X3?
Recommended equipment includes a chin-up bar and resistance bands/dumbbells (10-40 lbs for men, 5-25 lbs for women). Optional equipment includes a jump mat/yoga mat, P90X Chin-Up Max, and PowerStands.
What if I want a less strenuous program?
P90X3 offers modified variations of most moves, which will allow you to ease into the program at your own pace. However, even with modifications, P90X3 is an advanced fitness program. So, if you decide you aren’t yet ready to tackle it, but you still want to get in great shape fast, we recommend you start with a less extreme program, such as Power 90. From there, you can work your way up to P90X3.
Do I need to complete P90X and/or P90X2 before trying P90X3?
No. P90X3 offers modifications for every exercise, meaning that almost anyone can start the program and advance as slowly (or quickly) as his or her body allows. P90X3 is a perfect starting point in the P90X lineup, prepping you for even better results with P90X and P90X2.