Almond Espresso Balls
Coffee lovers, meet your new afternoon pick-me-up. Instead of a caffeinated cup of joe, reach for one of these Almond Espresso Energy Balls to snap out of an afternoon slump. Instead of downing another cup of coffee (and whatever amount of milk and sugar you add to it), eat one of these all-natural espresso-flavored treats to boost your energy with protein and complex carbohydrates.
If you haven’t tried meal prepping some healthy snacks, you should consider doing so for a few very good reasons. Making sure you have a good-for-you snack at the ready will help you avoid reaching for the less healthy options that are usually found in a vending machine, cafeteria, or convenience store. These bite-sized beauties are free from refined sugars and preservatives, and have less than half the sugar of the average nut-based health food bar, that’s reason enough to reach for these healthy energy balls on the regular.
Almond Espresso Energy Balls
Whip up this recipe for Almond Espresso Engery Balls. They are a satisfying mid-day snack that works right into your healthy meal plan. Course Snack Prep Time 15 minutes Total Time 15 minutes Servings 12 Servings (approx. 2 balls each) Calories 214 kcal
- 1 cup all-natural smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¾ cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 scoop Café Latte Shakeology
- ½ cup raw sliced almonds
- Combine almond butter, honey, oats, Shakeology, and almonds in a medium bowl; mix well with clean hands or a rubber spatula.
- Shape mixture into twenty four walnut size balls; place in airtight container.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.